I. OVERVIEW Cars are essential for our little ones, so we must select correctly, and today we will help you with how to do it. There is another difficult decision in every parent's life to choose the ideal car for the baby. We feel that pressure for how important this product is, and also for the countless number of models available in the market, and now cars have multiple functions that we...
I. ISSUE STATEMENT
Tantrums in 1-year-old babies are quite frequent and are associated with the inability to communicate their discontent with words. But the truth is that tantrums can be prevented and treated.
Tantrums in babies and tantrums in 1-year-old babies are quite common but avoidable. Sometimes these tantrums can be confused as part of the growth of children. But in none of the cases should they be justified, moreover, it is possible that tantrums occur in 6-month-old babies and these are the mechanisms you should use to control them and avoid them in the future:
II. THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT DO AFTER A TANTRUM:
1. You should not try, for any reason, to raise your voice to answer everything he or she does to it. In reality, tantrums in babies are usually full of anger, and it can be contagious. Being, as a result, many bad words that will contribute nothing to solve the problem.
It may be associated with: a basic need, insufficient information, or release of tensions and stress. Whatever your attention, it can be expressed with anger and crying, even from very young. The reason, although diverse, cannot take away serenity and objectivity from the fact. According to specialists, they are usually more common in school age.
According to Jean Piaget, the stage of intuitive intelligence, spontaneous interindividual feelings, and social relations of submission to adults is between two and seven years of age. So, in this case, it is essential to understand that tantrums in babies are motivated by the fact that it is their way of expressing themselves without words, and since then, they must know how to differentiate tantrums.
2. You should not feel sorry for the situation, especially if you should be able to handle tantrums in babies in a better, but calm way, (if the children came with instruction manual) try to avoid doing “victim” actions or using rudeness and threats. School-age children need to be reprimanded, but they also need to be heard. This goes hand in hand with explanations of why your attitude is wrong in that situation.
After tantrums in babies, the action should not be spoiled. But if your child asks you to listen to his reasons, do not hesitate to listen to him. Without rewarding or changing your mind.
3. Without rewarding, it means that you cannot offer him what he wanted because “he has already calmed down.” Children can understand at a young age, such acts as “if I cry I get what I want,” and that message besides being wrong feeds tantrums in babies.
It is possible to reach ropes, which can arrive before the tantrum (and should not be called manipulation) and create stressful situations in the baby. Believe it or not, parents can generate tantrums without knowing it, negotiate on things like, for example: Wearing appropriate winter clothes, which babies often do not feel comfortable with so many clothes. You can try to wear another type of protection or leave the jacket open.
4. Even though after the tantrum, your baby calmed down or if by chance you find yourself in a public place and your baby does not stop screaming. You must not, for any reason, change the rules. Although you can talk, and it’s okay for you to listen to them, at that moment you should not lessen the punishment or give it what you want to stop.
You can let everything you want to vent, but when you reprimand it, you should know how to choose the words. The criticism aims to control the situation and be able to make him understand what he is doing wrong. Rudeness and words of fear are not going to take advantage of the teaching; everything will help you to shut up.
5. The fifth and most important in the whole stage of the child’s growth. You must learn to differentiate growth crises with baby tantrums, confusing them can make you make inappropriate decisions by reprimanding them and for their emotional learning.
III. The difference between tantrums and crises
When the child has a craving for something, and although dad and mom already let him know why they can’t give it to him, he starts crying and screaming.
They are created to measure parental tolerance capacity.
They occur when the child knows that he is not allowed, and the child is “discovered” in the situation.
They occur because the child feels the possibility of not being able to do something.
When the child does not have enough information about something.
It may be a reaction to the inability to understand something.
3. Tantrums in 6-month-old babies
At six months, babies begin to experience new experiences. Although in those months, they also begin with the new flavors you must learn to differentiate tantrums in babies. Sometimes, and because they still can’t express their words clearly, six-month-olds can get frustrated by certain activities.
Routines are essential for the first months. But also, you must make an effort to understand what he tries to tell you with his few words to avoid frustrations and misunderstandings. Talking with them clearly helps a lot. Things like:
· It is time to sleep!
· Let’s eat!
· With that, you don’t play, because it hurts!
They will connect you with him, and on many occasions, he can understand the intensities. It is a critical stage to start stimulating your learning.
4. What is behind a tantrum?
The truth of tantrums in babies is that not all children react equally to punishments. Sometimes some children do not like to be comforted and shout things to getaway. Even so, after tantrums, stay by his side. If your child does receive comfort, hold him in his arms, and snuggle him for a moment.
Tantrums may be hiding feelings, such as frustration. And they are ubiquitous until they are five years old. As children learn to communicate clearly, they will not need to make those unjustified lollipops.
The specialists explain that children are revealed for many reasons in their childhood, and the main reason may be: to know the limits. How far can I go? to gradually discover their authority and know their power, through baby tantrums.
5. How to prevent tantrums?
– It offers five minutes before a warning, well explained, and argued of why you can not have something or perform that activity at the moment.
– Then, having started the tantrum, let it advance for only three minutes.
– If he has not yet explained the reasons for his emotional explosion, try to explain his discontent Mauricio wants to eat donuts, but it is very early, and he has not had breakfast.
– Following the previous example, after he has calmed down and eats his breakfast. So you can offer your donut by saying “good, Mauricio calmed down, ate all his breakfast, and now he has his donut piece.”
6. What to do after a tantrum?
– Do not answer or pay attention. You should leave it alone (in a safe place) and ignore it, while it is not damaging anything or anyone.
– If the tantrum has become aggressive, and does not calm down with due explanation or warnings. You must take it to the “punishment corner” or create a space at home for that purpose.
– Understanding that these extreme situations are: that you are hurting another child, that you are screaming and crying in a public place, or that you raise your hand.
– The stay in that place should not exceed five minutes. And after he finishes, you should take him to a quiet place (where he doesn’t feel exposed) and ask him to explain his reaction.
– After the baby tantrums finish. You can take him in his arms and comfort him, so he can rejoin the activities he did before her.
7. What is said about the punishment corner?
You practice, quite old and used by families and schools. It has many names and has been the protagonist of many stories, such as Nacho, a story of EducaPeques. A boy who behaved very well and never got to know him.
But the truth is that this practice has been criticized by specialists and parents, to whom the punishment has not given results, because children tend to get distracted very easily. But for sure, this type of rebuke is more used for children under five. After grown-ups, children can be reprimanded by withdrawing benefits or perhaps with good communication. You don’t have to resort to any of them.
Explaining with stories, (before being punished) what the thinking corner is about, can assure you of its success. Similarly, the day you install it, you can explain what is done there so that they learn that it is used to reflect and especially to calm down.
What should not be considered is to confuse children with punishments such as: doing household chores. What in the long term, will only make them associate household chores as reprimands and will not feel happy to support at home.
In truth, in all this of the punishments, I agree more with the thoughts of the primary school teacher and Spanish writer, José María Toro, who says that we must educate with co-reason. Inviting parents not to forget the emotional aspect when teaching children, using sensitive elements, so that at all times, parents can put themselves in the child’s shoes.
In that way and with wisdom, they can choose a way to rebuke them after tantrums of babies, so that they develop the rational part of the child. And that more than punishment, you are invited to think about what you did. To learn to differentiate wrong actions from good ones, don’t become an adult accustomed to challenging authority.
– Explanations should be short and precise.
– Stay firm at all times.
– Do not respond with anger.
– Warn him in circumstances; what he wants will not be done.
– For each no, give two yes.
– Let him calm down alone.
– Take it to another place when the palette is in public.